Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tasty Tuesday

Well, it's Tasty Tuesday again! Please feel free to share a recipe on your blog, and then link it here through Mr. Linky. And if you don't have a blog, you're welcome to leave a recipe in the "comments" section. I'm looking forward to hearing from a few more friends and family members this week!

Here's my recipe for today:

Hobo Dinners

2 lb. lean ground beef
salt and pepper to taste
6 large onion slices
6 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced like fries
6 med/lg carrots, cut into sticks

Lay out 6 large rectangles of aluminum foil. Shape meat into 6 patties; place on foil. Add salt and pepper, if desired. Place a large slice of onion on each meat pattie; layer carrots and potatoes on top of onion. Add more salt and pepper, if desired. Bring up the sides of the foil and fold down; fold up ends tightly to seal. Place on baking tray. Bake at 325 for about 1 hour 15 minutes. Serve with ketchup.

These really are yummy--when all the kids like something, I know I've found a winner!

Now it's your turn--take a minute to share one of your faves with all of us!

5 comments:

  1. Hobo dinners are so yummy! This is one of my childhood faves...I need to make these for my fam...I'm going to add them into my menu this weekend. Thanks for reminding me about these! (2sweeties)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I linked to my blog. Hopefully it worked. I'm going to post a recipe on my blog now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you put the exact same thing into pie crust and fold it over and seal the edges, it's a Michigan thing called a "pasty" (pronounced pass-tee). My IL's love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, can we have a few more details on the pasties? I'm wondering how much filling you would put inside, and how long you would bake it? It sounds like another winner to me! :)

    ReplyDelete